Light Fittings, Fixtures & Luminaires
Light fittings, also called luminaires or fixtures are the physical structures that will hold the bulb and help create the light by allowing the electricity to pass into the lamp. Whether outfitting a warehouse, an industrial space, office cubicles, or a home, there will be a need for different types of fittings and lamps to provide a solution to all of your lighting needs. Our range includes fittings for everything from halogen and LED lighting to HID, fluorescents, and incandescent bulbs from brands such as Crompton, Thorlux, Philips, Waldmann and RS PRO.
What types of light fittings are available?
Since there is such a wide range of lighting types with different names, technologies and styles, it is important to take the time to choose the right fittings and luminaires so that you achieve the proper lighting levels. Light fittings have many different names and many different styles, each has their own unique use and characteristics. The following are some of the most popular and common types available:
- Machine inspection lights - used in workshops and garages, they make it easier to inspect work and identify issues. Halogen, compact fluorescent, LED, and portable options are available.
- Downlights – typically round or square and recess into the ceilings.
- Low and High Bay – rectangular or square boxes capable of holding high-intensity lamps, generally used for industrial purposes and mount at low or high heights.
- Batten lights - common type of light fixture found in homes, offices and factories. Types include recessed lights, pendant lights, flush fitting lights and more. Ceiling lights can be used with different types of bulbs including incandescent, energy efficient bulbs, halogen lights, fluorescent lights.
- Floodlights - powerful lights that are capable of emitting light over large areas such a sports field or car park.
- Emergency lighting -provides a secondary light source in the event of an emergency or power outage and indicates where emergency exits are situated so personnel can leave their area safely.
- Hazardous area lights - designed to withstand specific harsh conditions, like very hot temperatures, corrosive materials, in dangerous areas classified as hazardous.
- Smart lights - use wireless transmissions and can be controlled via a smartphone.
Others are types of fittings are available, browse our full range for more details.
Osta 234 tooteid
Osta 125 tooteid
Osta 237 tooteid
Osta 10 tooteid
Emergency Light Switches & Conversion Kits
Osta 26 tooteid
Osta 57 tooteid
Osta 6 tooteid
Osta 248 tooteid
Fly Killer Lights
Osta 13 tooteid
Hazardous Area Lights
Osta 58 tooteid
LED Grow Lights
Osta 11 tooteid
LED Panel Lights
Osta 67 tooteid
Low Bay & High Bay Lighting
Osta 20 tooteid
Osta 176 tooteid
Osta 36 tooteid
Spotlights & Downlights
Osta 72 tooteid
Osta 101 tooteid